I want to listen to the instructor playing on an Android app (Fiit) on my speakers which are connected to my MacBook. I am already sharing the screen of my Android on my MacBook by using
scrcpy, a tool by Romain Vimont.
sndcpy lets us to do this, also a tool made by Romain Vimont. The naming of these tools were inspired by C library function,
strcpy, which copies strings between memory locations.
You want to play music or app sounds on your Android device on your macOS, and
- You are displaying your Android screen on the mac already, but you want sound too
- Your Android device doesn't have an audio jack
- Your speakers aren't bluetooth
- You don't want to use your headphones
- I do not want to sweat onto my headphones, or
- I want to share my music with others
- Your macOS is connected via AUX cable (or USB-C/HDMI) to speakers, so let's use them instead